Chiropractic treatment is effective for many types of neck, back and body pain. At Proactive Chiropractic and Rehab Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, our patients come to us for long-lasting help with their varied health conditions.
Conditions That Benefit From Chiropractic Care
At our clinic, we serve patients suffering from short-term and long-term health conditions, including:
- Ankle pain: Ankle problems often cause tremendous pain. They’re caused by injuries and poor body conditions like sprains, strains, plantar fasciitis, orthotic problems or even misalignment of the spine.
- Back pain: Back pain can range from dull aches to herniated discs. Because the spine carries nerves from the brain to the rest of the body, other areas can feel the effects too. Sometimes, the pain resolves itself. Other times, chiropractic back pain treatment is needed.
- Carpal tunnel/wrist pain: Most people don’t realize it, but chiropractic treatment is effective for wrist pain – especially pain related to repetitive motions, like typing, texting and swiping. We’ll examine your symptoms, make a diagnosis and develop a treatment tailored to your needs.
- Elbow pain: Common elbow problems include bursitis, epicondylitis (tennis elbow) and ulna nerve entrapment where the nerve is pinched by the bone. Chiropractic care can help with each of these. The result? Increased motion and mobility, as well as decreased pain.
- Foot pain: We treat foot pain, ranging from sprains to plantar fasciitis, cuboid syndrome, hyperpronation, morton’s neuroma, tarsal tunnel syndrome and more. With chiropractic adjustment, we can restore the proper movement of bones in the feet, decreasing pain.
- Headache: Chiropractic treatment helps reduce or eliminate headaches. Each patient is different, and there are various headache types—including tension headaches, migraine headaches, chronic headaches and cluster headaches—and just as many treatment options.
- Herniated discs: A herniated disc can happen anywhere along the spine, but they’re most common in the lower back. They are painful because they put pressure on nerve roots that surround the spine. A chiropractor can help the bulging disc return to its place in the spinal column—eliminating the pain.
- Hip pain: Irritation of the nerves in the spine often leads to pain and muscle spasms in the hip. Through chiropractic care and physiological therapies, we can reduce the irritation and return the hip’s structures to the right places. That way, the body can heal itself. And you can live pain-free.
- Knee pain: The knee is a complex structure. Often, the root cause of knee pain stems from the lower back, pelvis, hip, ankle or foot. We diagnose the root cause and treat it so that your knee pain is eliminated.
- Myofascial sprain: When whiplash leads to an acute inflammatory response, the complication is often diagnosed as a myofascial sprain. This means that strains to the muscles or tendons or sprains to the ligaments have led to serious neck pain. A chiropractor can help you get your life back on track.
- Neck pain: There are numerous causes of neck pain. When we treat acute and chronic neck pain, we diagnose the root cause. Then, we develop a plan of action that’s right for you. This might include spinal manipulative therapy as well as physiological therapies and exercise to get permanent, lasting relief.
- Shoulder pain: Shoulder pain takes many forms, including bursitis, tendonitis, rotator cuff or labral tears, a frozen shoulder, shoulder separation, dislocation or general instability that is caused by a loose joint. If you are suffering from shoulder pain, chiropractic care and physiological therapies can help—no matter what the cause.
- Spinal stenosis: Spinal stenosis happens when the spine narrows in one or more locations anywhere along the spine. Chiropractic manipulation can help. It’s often successful in restoring the natural flow of blood and nervous system impulses within the spine.
- Whiplash: Whiplash happens to the neck area during a car accident. A sudden jolt or jerk leads to intensifying soreness or pain. The reason? An inflammatory response of the body to trauma. It’s important that you get chiropractic treatment, so your body can begin to heal itself.
Every Condition Is Different. So Is Every Patient.
Every patient experiences health conditions in different ways. There are several reasons for this. Your health history is a big factor. Things like genetics, lifestyle, fitness level and activities have a huge effect on how a condition may affect your life. That’s why we tailor treatments to meet our patients’ needs. You’re unique, and your treatments should be too.
Want to Learn More About Treating Your Pain?
Talk with us about the conditions we treat. Let us know what kind of pain you’re experiencing, and we’ll tell you how we can help. Call us at 704-659-4571 or fill in the form on our contact page.